With the Steelers trailing the Jaguars 16-0 in the third quarter, the comments about how it was a ‘trap game,’ a ‘letdown’ and even a joke job against a team they have struggled with all seemed to ring true.
Then something totally unforeseen happened.
The black and gold put on a comeback not seen since a win over the Ravens in 1997 in terms of points of a comeback, as the Steelers rallied from down 16-0 to score a game-winning TD with :05 left, topping the Jags 20-16.
The win puts the Steelers at 7-2-1 on the season, and with the Bengals three-point loss to the Ravens, they lead the AFC North by a healthy margin over both the 5-5 Bengals and 5-5 Ravens.
There was so much that didn’t go right for about the first 55 minutes, it’s still amazing this team was able to pull out a game they clearly didn’t have any business winning.
But not only did they win the game, they showed the heart and soul with a win that tested them from all angles, doing it on the road against a foe that had their number twice at Heinz Field last year.
Here’s a couple takeaways from the win, one Steelers fans will relive over and over as one to remember.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on