With the Steelers trailing the Jaguars 16-0 in the third quarter, the comments about how it was a ‘trap game,’ a ‘letdown’ and even a joke job against a team they have struggled with all seemed to ring true.
Then something totally unforeseen happened.
The black and gold put on a comeback not seen since a win over the Ravens in 1997 in terms of points of a comeback, as the Steelers rallied from down 16-0 to score a game-winning TD with :05 left, topping the Jags 20-16.
The win puts the Steelers at 7-2-1 on the season, and with the Bengals three-point loss to the Ravens, they lead the AFC North by a healthy margin over both the 5-5 Bengals and 5-5 Ravens.
There was so much that didn’t go right for about the first 55 minutes, it’s still amazing this team was able to pull out a game they clearly didn’t have any business winning.
But not only did they win the game, they showed the heart and soul with a win that tested them from all angles, doing it on the road against a foe that had their number twice at Heinz Field last year.
Here’s a couple takeaways from the win, one Steelers fans will relive over and over as one to remember.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on