Heinz Field was opened in 2001, a season in which the NFL as well as the rest of the country underwent a major disaster when planes hit the World Trade Center in New York and planes went down in other parts of the country in the tragedy to this day is known as ‘9/11.’
The Steelers were scheduled to open their new home the week of 9/11, as they were to play the Cleveland Browns on a Sunday night, but in a decision that was only right, the game and the entire week of games was cancelled by the league.
It meant that Heinz Field didn’t see a regular season game until week four of the 2001 season, a sunny October day against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Since then there’s been plenty of great victories for the black and gold at the current home of the Steelers, and today we take you on a journey though the 15 best wins at Heinz Field for the Steelers in our list – “Top 15 Best Steelers Wins in the History of Heniz Field.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on