1. Sunday January 18th 2009 – Pittsburgh Steelers 23 Baltimore Ravens 14
The greatest win in the history of Heinz Field in a no-brainer, an AFC Title game win over their biggest rivals which clinched a trip to Super Bowl XLIII. Troy Polamalu, who just announced his retirement, sealed the win with a pick six of Joe Flacco with the game on the line to make a 16-14 game into a 23-14 win. The emotion was never higher than it was on January 18th, and the win was sweet with a knockout of Ravens RB Willis McGahee by Ryan Clark to finish off the Ravens and send them home losers on the second biggest stage of the game, and the biggest in the AFC.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on