11. Sunday January 20th 2002 – Pittsburgh Steelers 27 Baltimore Ravens 10
The Ravens came in as defending Super Bowl champs, and many felt they would land the upset despite the Steelers going 13-3 in the regular season. Instead the Steelers landed some early knockout blows to the Ravens, and led the game 20-0 before the Ravens finally closed it to 20-10 in the second half. Kordell Stewart and the offense finished off the Ravens with a TD pass to Plax Burress to close out the scoring, and put the Steelers in a home AFC Title Game the next week against the Patriots.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on