4. Monday September 29th 2008 – Pittsburgh Steelers 23 Baltimore Ravens 20 (OT)
The biggest regular season win in the history of Heinz Field, the Steelers were at a crossroads in 2008 early in September. The team was 2-1, and trailed the Ravens heading into half down 13-3. The fans at Heinz were booing the team, and Ben Roethlisberger stood up and rallied the troops. Santonio Holmes scored on a 38-yard pass to make it 13-10, and then 15 seconds later a James Harrison sack and fumble recovery by LaMarr Woodley put the Steelers up 17-13. The game went into overtime tied at 20, but a Jeff Reed 46-yard clutch field goal clinched the win and set up the season which ended with a Super Bowl win.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on