7. Sunday December 11th 2005 – Pittsburgh Steelers 21 Chicago Bears 9
The final 100-yard game in the career of Hall of Fame running back Jerome Bettis was a memorable one, as he rolled over the NFL’s #1 ranked defense in the Bears in a must-win at Heinz Field. Bettis controlled the tempo in the second half after the Steelers were able to build a lead, and the Bears had no answers for the back. It was the win that started a run that went all the way to Detroit, where the Steelers eventually beat the Seahawks in Super Bowl XL, and a memorable win for Bettis he calls his most memorable game of his career.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on