3. Sunday January 5th 2003 – Pittsburgh Steelers 36 Cleveland Browns 33
The most wild game in the history of Heinz Field saw the Steelers outlast a game Browns team 36-33 on a day when it seemed like neither offense could be stopped. The Steelers defense was no match for former Colts QB Kelly Holcomb, who carved up the Steelers secondary for 429 yards, and the Browns led the game 24-7 early in the third quarter. Tommy Maddox kept the team in it, but with less than five minutes left the team trailed 33-21. That’s when Maddox got hot and the Browns defense went into prevent. A Hines Ward TD cut it to 33-28, and after a three-and-out the Steelers raced down the field, and with :54 seconds left, a Chris Fuamatu-Ma’afala run sealed it. A true heart stopper win for the Steelers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on