15. Thursday September 7th 2006 – Pittsburgh Steelers 28 Miami Dolphins 17
The Steelers opened 2006 as the defending Super Bowl Champions, and had to play the upstart Miami Dolphins minus QB Ben Roethlisberger, who had underwent an emergency appendectomy just a few days before the game. Never fear, as backup hometown boy Charlie Batch stepped in, and was on fire, throwing for 209 yards and three scores, the highlight being an 87-yard score to TE Heath Miller that put the Steelers up for good. While 2006 didn’t have a ton of great moments, that opening night was a special one in Steelers Nation.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on