2. Sunday January 22nd 2010 – Pittsburgh Steelers 24 New York Jets 19
The 2010 Steelers had already overcome the Ravens the week before, and jumped on the Jets in the 2010 AFC Title Game to take a 24-0 halftime lead. The defense stuffed Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense, and the Steelers run game dominated in the first half. Then halftime hit. The Steelers seemed to be drinking champagne in the locker room, as in the second half the Jets scored 19 points, and with two minutes left the Steelers had a third down about midfield to have a chance to put the game away. Not wanting to give New York the ball back, Ben Roethlisberger hit Emmanuel Sanders with a first down pass to seal the win. The lasting image of the game will always be now Bills but then Jets coach Rex Ryan throwing down his headset after the win was sealed.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on